CL Global Academy is committed to protecting the privacy and security of your personal information. This page reflects CL Global’s commitment to ensure that every registered student complies with the Data Protection Act 2018 and UK GDPR and to ensure the confidentiality of any personal data held by CL Global Academy in whatever medium.
It is important that you read this notice and any other privacy notice we may provide on specific occasions when we are collecting or processing personal information about you so that you know how and why we are using such information.
CL Global Academy has adopted the EU GDPR definitions, which include:
1. personal data/information means any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person ('data subject'); an identifiable natural person is one who can be identified, directly or indirectly, in particular by reference to an identifier such as a name, an identification number, location data, an online identifier or to one or more factors specific to the physical, physiological, genetic, mental, economic, cultural or social identity of that natural person.
2. processing means any operation or set of operations which is performed on personal data or sets of personal data, whether or not by automated means, such as collection, recording, organisation, structuring, storage, adaptation or alteration, retrieval, consultation, use, disclosure by transmission, dissemination or otherwise making available, alignment or combination, restriction, erasure or destruction.
3. We/us (either capitalized or not) – CL Global Academy.
The full list of definitions is available here.
Data protection principles
We will comply with data protection law. This says that the personal information we hold about you must be:
1. Used lawfully, fairly and in a transparent way.
2. Collected only for valid purposes that we have clearly explained to you and not used in any way that is incompatible with those purposes.
3. Relevant to the purposes we have told you about and limited only to those purposes.
4. Accurate and kept up to date.
5. Kept only as long as necessary for the purposes we have told you about.
6. Kept securely.
Information we hold about you
Personal data, or personal information, means any information about an individual from which that person can be identified. It does not include data where the identity has been removed (anonymous data).
There are "special categories" of more sensitive personal data which require a higher level of protection.
Individuals who apply to the Pre-University Course will be asked to provide us with information about their parents/guardians, carers or teachers before participating in the programme.
Parents/guardians, carers and teachers will also be asked to confirm information about applicants to our courses.
How is your personal information collected
We collect personal information about you in the following ways:
1. Information you give to us: We collect most of the personal information about you through our online application system. You may also give us personal information when you complete our online or printed forms or correspond with us by phone, email, or otherwise.
2. Information from others: We may receive personal information from your teacher/referee or parent/guardian as part of the application process.
How we use the information you provided to us
We use your Personal Data in order to:
1. identify you.
2. fulfil the service that you have purchased.
2. communicate either for sales or invoicing
3. fulfil a liable obligation.
4. conduct questionnaires concerning client satisfaction.
5. satisfy our legitimate interests (or those of a third party), and your interests and fundamental rights do not override those interests.
We might process your Personal Data for additional purposes not mentioned here but compatible with the original purpose for which the data was gathered. We will ensure to inform you of any further Processing and purposes.
We may have to share your data with third parties, including third-party service providers, colleges, course instructors, etc.
We require third parties to respect your data's security and treat it in accordance with the law.
We may transfer your personal information outside the EU. If we do, you can expect similar protection regarding your personal information.
If you fail to provide personal information
If you fail to provide certain information when requested, we may not be able to provide the information and services that you request from us though you will be informed if this is the case. Where providing the information is optional, this will also be made clear to you.
Any individual has the right to complain about how an organisation handles personal data. The Information Commissioners Office is the UK's independent body set up to uphold information rights and has published guidance here.
Last updated：Monday 26th December 2022
Resources & FAQs
CL Global Academy is an independent education organization. It is not affiliated to any other universities.
Made ❤️ from the Earth, Hello Mars